- Commuting to DLSU
- Stores and Restaurants on Campus and Off
- Health Care
- Cost of Living
- The Surrounding Area
- Important University Facilities
- Survey for Graduating International Students
Stores and Restaurants On and Off Campus
Located in Taft Avenue, one of Manila’s college districts, De La Salle University is surrounded by numerous restaurants that would fit students’ budget and satisfy the inner foodie in everyone.
Establishments like One Archer’s Place, EGI Taft Tower and University Mall beside Br. Andrew Building, Gokongwei Building and the St. La Salle Hall respectively offer a wide array of restaurants, cafés, local and international fast food chains, and convenience stores that showcase how Filipinos love cultural diversity when it comes to their choice of food.
- For those on a budget, Agno and Castro Street just nearby One Archer’s Place is the go-to destination. Meals range from Php65 to Php120 only.
Up for some authentic Filipino favorites?
- For starters, try Zuppa Café’s Mushroom Salpicao (P85) at the first floor of One Archer’s Place. Complete the experience and visit “Binalot” located at the second floor of University Mall where food is literally wrapped up, hence the name “binalot”, and plates are banana leaves. Too adventurous for you?
- No worries, Sinangag Express located a block across the University’s North Gate offers similar dishes minus the wrapper and the banana leaf.
Feeling the bold and daring?
- Have a taste of the local’s sizzling sisig (pig ears) for only about Php90 in Agno. If you’re lucky enough you’ll be able to spot street food vendors along Castro Street selling Kwek-Kwek (quail eggs), fish ball, squid ball, taho (bean curd jelly with tapioca and syrup), cotton candy and of course Filipino style ice cream.
- Try the Filipino version of international dishes offered in restaurants like Wai Ying, Lunch Box, Tori Box, Mashita, Chef’s Noodles, Ichiro, Ersao, Nomi, Zuppa Café, etc. These stores are located just along Castro Street and some are inside the EGI Condominium beside the Gokongwei building.
- Up for a foodie challenge?
Try Zark’s Tombstone or Ultimate Burger for affordable price. If can finish their Ultimate burger within five (5) minutes, you can get it for free.
Overview map of the different stores available within the vicinity of De La Salle University: