Advanced Research Institute for Informatics, Computing and Networking (AdRIC)
AdRIC contributes to nation building by helping the country attain a critical mass of researchers in science and technology.
The various research centers of AdRIC provide spaces designed to foster collaboration and to encourage the conduct of research activities that are consistent with the identified thrust and priority of the College and University.
AdRIC continually pursues innovative world-class scientific research in computing towards the vision of a research De La Salle University. Its tasks include setting the directions and priority research activities in the various fields of computing, commissioning and encouraging research and development projects consistent with identified thrusts and priorities, and seeking collaborative ventures with partners in industry, government and academe to serve society through research.
The various research centers of AdRIC provide spaces designed to foster collaboration and to encourage the conduct of research activities that are consistent with the identified thrust and priority of the College and University. From development of intelligent systems that can interact with their human users at the Center for Human-Centric Innovations, Center for Language Technologies, and Technology, Education, Entertainment, Empathy, Design (TE3D) House, to embedded control systems and internet of things at the Center for Automation Research, and Center for Networking and Information Security, and data management and analytics at the Center for Complexity and Emerging Technologies, and Center for ICT for Development; AdRIC contributes to nation building by helping the country attain a critical mass of researchers in science and technology.
Development of technology-based systems that span the following themes are the main thrust of AdRIC:
- Healthcare, e.g., providing better access to health services and medical information, monitoring daily living activities, and developing more efficient diagnostic laboratories
- Environment, e.g., building technologies for environmental monitoring and for more efficient emergency response, enhancing the quality of transport support systems, supporting better resource allocation and delivery of services
- Culture and Society, e.g., harnessing data analytics to gain insights from data of various forms (text, voice, image, social signals), enhancing organizational management and support through ICT
- Learning Innovations, e.g., increasing the learning motivation of students, providing coping mechanisms for children with learning disabilities, and designing interactive learning materials and environments
AdRIC has eight (8) research laboratories, namely:
- Center for Automation Research (CAR)
- Center for Complexity and Emerging Technologies (COMET)
- Center for ICT for Development (CITE4D)
- Center for Language Technologies (CeLT)
- Center for Human-Computing Innovations (CeHCI)
- Center for Networking and Information Security (CNIS)
- Game Development Laboratory (GameLab)
- Technology, Education, Entertainment, Empathy, Design (TE3D) House
Other activities include:
- The conduct of lectures and workshops on relevant computing topics with government institutions and the industry, among which include the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development, Google Philippines, Accenture, Microsoft Philippines, to name a few.
- Hosting of visiting professors from Stanford University, California State University, Osaka University, National University of Singapore, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan Tech), University of Southern Queensland, and other foreign universities.