Earn more CPD points by attending our Pre-Conference Workshop on
Chemical Engineering Process Simulation
20 November 2018 | De La Salle University, Manila
4 CPD POINTS (APPROVED)
How to Register
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org of your interest to join by Nov. 19, 2018 (12 noon)
- Receive instructions for software installation.
- Register at the venue of the pre-conference itself starting at 7:00am in the Perea Conference Room, Makati Diamond Residences
- Registration fee for the pre-conference are as follows:
•Local – PhP 10,000/person
•Foreign – USD 200/person
|Group registration (2 or more)
•Local – PhP 7,500/person
•Foreign – USD 150/person
•Local – PhP 5,000/person
•Foreign – USD 100/person
For more information, visit our Website: https://www.dlsu.edu.ph/conferences/rsce/pre-conference-workshop/; or email us at email@example.com.
Chemical Engineering Process Simulation
Process simulation is commonly used in the modern chemical process industry. Graduates need to be ready to utilise this technology correctly and effectively when they join the industry workforce. In many cases, there is a disconnect between the simulation environment and the fundamental engineering concepts, the process simulator is treated as an “Oracle”, and is often misused.
The aim of the workshop is:
- To demonstrate to fellow academics on how to incorporate concepts from fundamental chemical engineering subjects into process modelling or simulation environment
- To learn the fundamentals of how to set up models, execute simulations and interpret the results correctly.
- To gain a basic understanding of chemical engineering process simulation packages
|8:30 am – 9:00 am||Registration|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||Session 1 – Introduction to process simulation concepts and principles
• Sequential modular approach
• Onion model for process simulation
|10:00 am – 10:20 am||Tea Break|
|10:20 am – 11:00 am||Session 2 – Modelling of reaction and separation|
|11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Session 3 – Simulation of recycle systems
• Material recycle
|12:30 pm – 1:45 pm||Lunch|
|1:45 pm – 3:30 pm||Session 3 – Simulation of recycle systems (continue)
• Strategies for recycle loop convergence
• Convergence tolerance
• Heat recycle system
|3:30 pm – 3:50 pm||Tea Break|
|3:50 pm – 5:00 pm||Discussion on classroom tutorial examples|
|5.00 pm||End of workshop|
Professor Ir. Dr. Dominic Foo
- Professor Ir. Dr. Dominic Foo is a Professor of Process Design and Integration at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, and is the Founding Director for the Centre of Excellence for Green Technologies. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE), a Chartered Engineer with the UK Engineering Council, a Professional Engineer with the Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM). He was the past chairman of Chemical Engineering Technical Division of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), and now the Malaysia Chapter Chair for Education Subject Interest Group of IChemE. He is a world leading researcher in process integration for resource conservation. He establishes international collaboration with researchers from various countries in the Asia, Europe, American and Africa. Professor Foo is an active author, with four books, more than 130 journal papers and made more than 190 conference presentations, with more than 30 keynote/plenary speeches. The latest book of Prof Foo was Chemical Engineering Process Simulation, co-published by Elsevier and IChemE.
- Professor Foo served as International Scientific Committees for many important international conferences (CHISA/PRES, FOCAPD, ESCAPE, PSE, etc.). He is also the Editor-in-Chief for Process Integration and Optimization for Sustainability (Springer), Subject Editor for Trans IChemE Part B (Process Safety & Environmental Protection, Elsevier), editorial board members for Water Conservation Science and Engineering (Springer), and Chemical Engineering Transactions (Italian Association of Chemical Engineering). He is the winners of the Innovator of the Year Award 2009 of IChemE, Young Engineer Award 2010 of IEM, Outstanding Young Malaysian Award 2012 of Junior Chamber International (JCI), as well as the SCEJ (Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan) Award for Outstanding Asian Researcher and Engineer 2013, Vice-Chancellor’s Achievement Award 2014 (University of Nottingham) and Top Research Scientist Malaysia 2016 (Academy of Science Malaysia).
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nishanth Chemmangattuvilappi
- Dr. Nishanth Chemmangattuvalappil is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in the department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at University of Nottingham Malaysia. He is also the director of sustainable process integration group of the environmental research division of university of Nottingham, Malaysia campus. He received his PhD in Chemical Engineering from Auburn University, AL, USA (2010). He worked as a Post-doctoral fellow at University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA and later at Auburn University. His main areas of expertise include product and molecular design, mixture design and integrated biorefineries. His current work focuses on the application of molecular design concepts to design benign and green solvents, integration of molecular design techniques into the design of biorefineries and carbon capture and storage using ionic liquids. He has co-authored more than 70 peer reviewed international journal articles and four book chapters. In addition, his works have been presented in more than 60 international conferences and in five invited lectures.
For interested participants, please complete the pre-registration form below by November 19, 2018.
For Filipino delegates, this pre-conference workshop is being applied for CPD points. We will update you once we confirm the actual CPD points.
The pre-conference workshop is limited to 25 slots only.