DLSU Research Congress 2021
De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
July 7-9 2021
Theme: Revisiting and Transforming the SDGs during and after the COVID 19 Pandemic
In 2015, the United Nations identified 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a comprehensive action aimed to address poverty, guarantee peace and to safeguard the planet by 2030 (https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/sustainable-development-goals.html). Five years after and ten years to fulfill the targets, now is an opportune time to assess how the goals are being implemented and achieved by the UN member states. Doing so becomes more significant when the tremendous and disproportionate social and economic impact of the COVID 19 virus this year and beyond is mentioned. As people are now given an opportunity to re imagine and to shape their life in a post pandemic world, it is relevant to look into how the SDGs could be used as a framework for the world’s continued progress.
We invite the academic community, our partners and research collaborators to submit extended abstracts and full papers related but not limited to the following research themes:
|Food, Nutrition and Health||FNH|
|Sustainability, Environment and Energy||SEE|
|Human Centric Technology||HCT|
|Learners and Learning Innovations||LLI|
|CoWomen, Children, Family and the Elderly||WCFE|
|Living Culture and Contemporary Societies||LCS|
|Entrepreneurship, Business and Management||EBM|
|Socio-Economic and Political Landscape||SEP|
|Theoretical, Philosophical and Historical Studies||TPH|
Opportunity to Publish. Selected papers will also have a chance to be published in Asia Pacific Social Science Review and DLSU Business and Economics Review, which are Scopus-accredited.
|Submission of the First version of Short Paper (max 6 pages)1||February 15, 2021|
|Notification of Acceptance with Review||March 30, 2021|
|Submission of Poster Abstract5||May 31, 2021 – Extended|
|Submission of Workshop/Tutorial/Mini-symposium Proposals6||May 31, 2021 – Extended|
|Submission of the Second version of the Short Paper (max 6 pages)2||June 7, 2021 – Extended|
|Conference3||July 7-9, 2021|
|Submission of Final Paper4 (camera-ready; max 6 pages)||July 16, 2020|
*Submitted papers and workshop proposals will undergo a review process and once accepted should be presented during the research congress.
- Short Paper (First version)
- Submission of a short paper is required for paper presentations.
- The submission of the short paper for paper presentations must contain a brief introductory statement of the research and continue with the summary of the results obtained, followed by a conclusion(s). It is not acceptable to say “the results will be discussed.” It must also include a list of key bibliographic sources.
- Standard abbreviations should be used throughout the text. Any special or unusual abbreviation should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Please use a minimal number of abbreviations.
- Symbols (i.e. Greek) can be used as well as boldfaced, underlined and italicized characters.
- Check the manuscript carefully for grammatical or typographical errors
- Format for short paper for various disciplines may be found at the following URLs:
- Except for paper submissions to the Poster Sessions, all paper submissions should have the faculty or lead researcher as corresponding author. A maximum of four (4) paper submissions per corresponding author is allowed.
- Short papers must be prepared as Portable Document Format (.pdf file format) consisting of a maximum of 6 pages in a letter-sized page, with one-inch margins on all sides. The abstract MUST BE in TEXT ONLY without graphs, pictures or tables, and should contain a title, name/s of author/s (underline the name of the presenting author), department/s and address/es. Make sure to indicate whether the author would like to include his or her full paper in the conference proceedings.
- Include acknowledgements of the source(s) of research support (if any) on the bottom line of the extended abstract.
- All short papers must be written in English or Filipino and submitted electronically to EasyChair via the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlsurescon2021.
- If the submitted First version of the short paper is accepted, the author has until June 7, 2021 to prepare the Second version of the paper addressing the comments received, if any. The Second version of the paper should also consist of a maximum of 6 pages in a letter-sized page, with one-inch margins on all sides and should be submitted in two different files. Submit the .pdf file format to EasyChair via the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlsurescon2021.
- Presentations on the day of the conference must not exceed 15 minutes each.
- In order for the final full paper to appear in the conference proceedings, the accepted papers should be presented during the conference
- The Final paper will be published in the conference proceedings (unless the author has indicated to exclude it from the proceedings). If the paper is presented in the conference, the author has until July 16, 2021 to submit the .pdf file format of the final paper (max of 6 pages) to the DLSU Research Congress 2020 EasyChair submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlsurescon2021.
- Poster sessions
- There will also be Poster Session dedicated for correspondents to present their initial research undertakings. All the correspondents accepted for poster presentation will need to prepare a two minutes presentation for the Gong Show.
- Submissions of the title and abstract of the poster have to be submitted electronically by May 31, 2021 to EasyChair via the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlsurescon2021.
- For poster presentations, the corresponding author need not be a faculty.
- Workshop/Tutorial/Mini-symposium Proposals
- We are also inviting submissions for Workshop/Tutorial/Mini-symposium proposals which are in line with the conference theme and other aspects of strengthening the country’s research capability. Workshop/Tutorial/Mini-symposium proposals have to be submitted by May 31, 2021. Format for proposals may be found at the following URL: http://bit.ly/3gPdb3O.
- Submissions of proposals have to be submitted electronically by May 31, 2021 to [email protected].
For general inquiries please email: [email protected]
For paper inquiries please email: [email protected]
Visit our previous conferences link: https://www.dlsu.edu.ph/conferences/