St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant for
Incoming College Freshmen AY 2019-2020
De La Salle University provides financial assistance to Filipino students who meet specific criteria for eligibility.
The selection of grantees is done by the Scholarship Committee based on the following factors/criteria:
Financial Need. Only those whose annual family income is PhP 700,000 and below will be considered.
Academic Competence. The Committee will take into consideration the applicants’ high school grades and DLSU College Admission Test (DLSU CAT) results.
Processing of financial assistance applications will begin after the list of accepted freshman applicants has been officially released by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS). However, acceptance into the University does not necessarily guarantee that financial assistance will be given to the applicant. The number of students to be granted of financial assistance will depend on the number of available slots for the degree program. Financial assistance can be given to only one grantee per family.
The results of financial assistance applications will be released in 11 May 2019.
Once awarded, the grants are renewable every trimester. Grantees are required to meet certain academic standards and to abide by the policies prescribed by the OAS.
The financial assistance program covers tuition and fees only.
Application Dates for AY 2019-2020
|Application / Submission of Requirements||21 January to 12 March 2019|
|Result of Pre-Qualified Candidates||22 March 2019|
|Interview with the College Dean||04 to 12 April 2019|
|Result of Final Scholars/Grantees||11 May 2019|
1. The student fills out the St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant Application Form. The online form is accessible 21 January to 12 March 2019.
2. The student downloads the Document Checklist for the St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant Application. The student must arrange the scholarship application and other documents/requirements based on document checklist.
3. The student submits the accomplished documents to the Hub, 2/F Henry Sy, Sr. Hall on or before 12 March 2019, 1700H, the printed and notarized application form together with the following requirements:.
a. One (1) 2×2 photo taken with the last three (3) months
d. Photos of Family Residence (i.e. façade of the house/front view, living room, kitchen, and bedroom).
e. Official Electric bill for the last 3 months
f. Official Water bill for the last 3 months
g. Official Telephone bill for the last 3 months
h. PLDT/Wifi bill/Cellular phone bill for the last 3 months (for postpaid plan holder).
i. (If house is owned, NOT mortgaged) Official receipt of realty tax payment for the last year
j. (If house is owned, but mortgaged) Official receipt of housing loan amortization for last 3 months
k. (If residing in an apartment) Official receipt of the rental payment for the last 3 months or certification of monthly rent from the lessor
l. (If parents and other household members are employed) Income Tax Return or Certificate of Employment and Compensation
m. (If parents are NOT employed) Certificate of Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return from the BIR or Certificate of Unemployment from the Municipal/Barangay Hall
Please note that the application will not be accepted and processed unless all required documents have been provided.
4. The student applicant attaches photocopies of the documents to the application form. Original documents must be presented for verification upon submission of the application. Non-submission of required documents may be considered withholding of information.
5. The student must place the scholarship application and other documents/requirements in a long brown envelope. The applicant must write the last name, first name and middle name in print on the upper left corner of the envelope.
6. A card containing the Document Tracking System (DTS) number will be provided to the applicant. The status of the scholarship application may be monitored through the online DTS number. The decision on the application and further instructions will also be indicated in the DTS.
Important Note: Only applicants who were offered a degree program which is included in their three (3) choices are eligible to apply for the scholarship program. Applicants who were redirected in other degree programs may apply after completing one (1) term of enrollment in the University.
Last Update 01/25/2019