Requirements Check List for Local Applicants
- Application Form with passport size photo (3.5cm X 4.5cm) with white background. Click here to access the Online Application.
- Consent Form. Please download, print, and sign the Consent Form. The full text of the consent form can be found at this LINK.
- Original Copy of Transcript of Records (for those who studied in the Philippines) or Philippine Embassy authenticated original copies of Transcript of Records (for those who studied outside the Philippines). View provision issued by the Philippine Department of Education through this LINK.
- Original NSO/PSA Birth Certificate issued within the last five years (or any valid substitute)
- Photocopy of NSO Certificate of Marriage, for female applicants who changed their names after marriage
- Transfer Credentials or Honorable Dismissal (for graduates of a university or college in the Philippines other than DLSU). Transfer Credentials, usually issued by the Registrar’s Office, certifies that the applicant has no pending accountability with his or her previous university or college and is eligible for transfer to another educational institution. If the university does not issue a Transfer Credential/Honorable Dismissal, a Certificate of Non-Issuance of Transfer Credentials will be required. The Transfer Credentials is the only document that may be submitted on or before confirmation of enrollment.Accomplished and Verified Application for Transfer Credentials Form from the Enrollment Services Hub (for DLSU-Manila graduates).Photocopy of Diploma or Original Copy of Certificate of Graduation indicating name of degree and date of graduation (for applicants who earned a college or postgraduate degree outside the Philippines.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (pdf/101kb). An employed applicant may secure a letter of recommendation from his/her current employer, immediate head or his/her own respective Human Resource Department or its equivalent. Letters of Recommendation may also be obtained from former/current advisers or professors.
- Personal Statement Containing Academic and Career Objectives (pdf/12kb)
- Photocopy of research output (for PhD/DBA applicants) and authored publications (for Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing applicants)
- For Transfer Applicants, submission of the following academic transcripts is required: (1) original, incomplete transcript from last school attended and (2) original or certified true copy of one’s undergraduate transcript if applying as a master’s student OR original or certified true copy of MA transcript if applying as a doctoral student.
- Certificate of Employment with job description only for the following programs:
Required Years of Work Experience
|Required Years of Management Experience|
|1||Doctor in Business Administration||5 years||3 years|
|2||Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology||1 year|
|3||Master in Business Administration||2 years|
|4||Master of Science in Marketing||2 years|
|5||Master of Science in Financial Engineering||2 years|
|6||Master of Science in Computational Finance||2 years|
|7||Master in Risk and Insurance Management||6 months|
|8||Diploma in Financial Engineering||1 year|
|9||Diploma in Management||1 year|
Additional program – specific requirements
- For College of Law Applicants, completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with the minimum number of units on the following courses is required by the Legal Education Board for taking the Bar exam:
- three (3) units of Rizal
- six (6) units of Math
- eighteen (18) units of English
- eighteen (18) units of Social Science
College of Law applicants will be required to submit an academic transcript with college GPA. For applicants whose college GPA is not printed on academic transcripts, you may approach and secure a copy of your college GPA from the school Registrar or any other official that can certify grades (e.g., dean, college secretary, etc.)
Applicants who wish to transfer to the DLSU College of Law will be allowed on the condition that they will be classified as new students since the program requires a fresh start in law education. Moreover, law courses earned from previous schools are NOT honored/credited in DLSU.
- DBA applicants must submit a master’s thesis or a final paper in a “strategy”-related course.
Applicants are, likewise, well advised to be ready to discuss 2 scholarly and professional articles that will be assigned to them at least 24 hours prior the interview schedule.
- PhD in Literature will be asked to submit the following as their research output:
- Research agenda for dissertation.
- Two (2) published scholarly papers and/or creative works in journals/magazines/books
- MA Thesis (Title and Abstract)
- PhD in Psychology and PhD in Political Science applicants are required to submit a full copy of their master’s thesis.
- PhD by Research (DHISRES) applicants will be required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements:
- A Capsule Research of at least ten (10) pages discussing the research prospect(s) of the applicant.
- A Portable Data Format (PDF) copy of his/her recent publication(s) in a journal or his/her most recent single authored book(s). N.B. Thesis or dissertation, unless published, are not up for consideration.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae.
- MA in Communication applicants who have already taken a Communication Theory course will be asked to indicate the year the course was taken and append a copy of the course syllabus to his/her transcript. Applicants with production experience must submit a production portfolio showcasing samples of production skills and output.
- MBA applicants will be required to submit an academic transcript with college GPA.
- MFA in Creative Writing applicants will be asked to submit the following:
- Creative writing portfolio
- Two (2) published creative works in journals/magazines/books
- Abstract for MFACREA thesis
- MS in Psychology applicants intending to pursue the Industrial/Organizational track need to be employed upon application and admission to the program and submit a Certificate of Employment from his/her current employer. This certification must be a current and ongoing employment in a corporate organization that is not a family-owned business of the applicant.
- International applicants applying to any of the graduate programs of the Gokongwei College of Engineering (GCOE) are required to submit a copy of their TOEF/IELTS score as an additional admission requirement.
APPLICANTS who PASS and eventually ENROLL will be asked to turn over original copies of the requirements in a long brown envelope when time and situation permit. The brown envelope should be properly labelled with the applicant’s complete name (SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE INITIAL) in big upper case letters on the upper left corner on the backside of the envelope. The Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) reserves the right to decline applications that have not met the criteria set by the Office.