Requirements Check List for International Applicants
- Application Form with passport size photo (3.5cm X 4.5cm) with white background. Click here to access the Online Application.
- Consent Form. Please download, print, and sign the Consent Form. The full text of the consent form can be found at this LINK.
- Two (2) pcs of recent & identical passport size (3.5cm X 4.5cm) ID pictures with white background for the Exam Permit
- Original Copy of Transcript of Records (for those who studied in the Philippines) or Philippine Embassy authenticated original copies of Transcript of Records (for those who studied outside the Philippines). View provision issued by the Philippine Department of Education through this LINK.
- Photocopy of valid and unexpired passport (bring original for verification purposes)
- Transfer Credentials or Honorable Dismissal (for graduates of a university or college in the Philippines other than DLSU). Transfer Credentials, usually issued by the Registrar’s Office, certifies that the applicant has no pending accountability with his or her previous university or college and is eligible for transfer to another educational institution. If the university does not issue a Transfer Credential/Honorable Dismissal, a Certificate of Non-Issuance of Transfer Credentials will be required. The Transfer Credentials is the only document that may be submitted on or before confirmation of enrollment.Accomplished Application for Transfer Credentials Form from the Enrollment Services Hub (for DLSU-Manila graduates).Photocopy of Diploma or Original Copy of Certificate of Graduation indicating name of degree and date of graduation (for applicants who earned a college or postgraduate degree outside the Philippines.
- Certificate of Eligibility to Pursue Graduate Studies – for international applicants whose Certificate of Graduation does not clearly indicate that they are university/college degree holders. The University can, likewise, require this added certificate from international applicants if and when needed. The “Certificate of Eligibility to Pursue Graduate Studies” may be secured from any of the following: (a) school where applicant earned his/her collegiate degree/s, (b) your country’s Ministry of Education or its equivalent, (c) Philippine Embassy in the applicant’s country of origin.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (pdf/101kb). An employed applicant may secure a letter of recommendation from his/her current employer, immediate head or his/her own respective Human Resource Department or its equivalent. Letters of Recommendation may also be obtained from former/current advisers or professors.
- Personal Statement Containing Academic and Career Objectives (pdf/12kb)
- Photocopy of research output (for PhD/DBA applicants) and authored publications (for Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing applicants)
- Philippine Law School Admission Test (PhiLSAT) Certificate of Eligibility for College of Law applicants. Please scroll down to “Program – specific requirements” for more information.
- Certificate of Employment with job description for the following programs:
Total Years of Work Experience
|1||Doctor in Business Administration||5 years|
|2||Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology||1 year|
|3||Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|4||Master of Science in Marketing||2 years|
|5||Master of Science in Financial Engineering||2 years|
|6||Master of Science in Computational Finance||2 years|
|7||Master in Risk and Insurance Management||6 months|
|8||Diploma in Financial Engineering||1 year|
|9||Diploma in Management||1 year|
SUBMIT all application documents in a long brown envelope properly labelled with the applicant’s complete name (SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE INITIAL) in big upper case letters on the upper left corner on the backside of the envelope. The Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) reserves the right to decline applications that have not met the criteria set by the Office.
Incomplete documents will not be endorsed to the department for further evaluation.
Program – specific requirements
- For College of Law Applicants:
1.1 completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with the minimum number of units on the following courses is required by the Legal Education Board for taking the Bar exam:
- For College of Law Applicants:
- three (3) units of Rizal
- six (6) units of Math
- eighteen (18) units of English
- eighteen (18) units of Social Science
1.2 Philippine Law School Admission Test (PhiLSAT)*
- Certificate of Eligibility as proof of passing the
- Honor Graduate Certificate as proof of exemption from the PhilSAT
*In compliance with the Legal Education Board Memorandum Order No. 7 Series of 2016 requiring the Philippine Law School Admission Test (PhiLSAT) “as a prerequisite for admission to the basic law courses leading to either a Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor degree beginning school year 2017 – 2018”, please be informed that all DLSU College of Law applicants will be required to take the said test.
**To know more about the LEB – issued Permit for Conditional Admission, please see this LINK.
- Please take note the DLSU College of Law will only accept application to its law program every first term of each academic year.
- Applicants who wish to transfer to the DLSU College of Law will still be asked to take the PhiLSAT since the program requires a fresh start in law education. Moreover, law courses earned from previous schools are not honored/credited in DLSU.
- For Master of Arts in Communication applicants who have already taken a Communication Theory course, please indicate the year it was taken and append a copy of the course syllabus to your transcript. Applicants with production experience must submit a production portfolio showcasing samples of production skills and output.
- PhD and MS in Psychology applicants intending to pursue the Industrial/Organizational track need to be employed upon application and admission to the program and submit a Certificate of Employment from his/her current employer. This certification must be a current and ongoing employment in a corporate organization that is not a family-owned business of the applicant.
- Applicants to the PhD in Psychology and PhD in Political Science programs are required to submit a full copy of their master’s thesis.
- PhD in Psychology applicants will also be required to submit a photocopy of their bachelor’s transcript.
- DBA applicants must submit a master’s thesis or a final paper in a “strategy”-related course.
- For Transfer Applicants, submission of the following academic transcripts is required: (1) original, incomplete transcript from last school attended and (2) original or certified true copy of one’s undergraduate transcript if applying as a master’s student OR original or certified true copy of MA transcript if applying as a doctoral student.