Outbound Student Exchange
- Accreditation of Courses
- Partner Host Universities
- Outbound Student Program Report Form (pdf/71kb)
Who may apply?
Undergraduate DLSU students who have completed at least 2 academic years at DLSU.
The student has the option to stay with the sister university with a minimum length of one term to a maximum of one year. However, the student must decide on the length of stay before the final papers are sent to the sister university.
* There are also available programs for Graduate students.
Qualifications of Applicants
- Must not be a graduating student and must be continuously enrolled in the university
- Must be enrolled at the time of the exchange program
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Must have no failing grade
- Must not have committed any major offense, as determined by the Discipline Office
- Proficient in English or other language that may be required by the host university
- Must have good potential to succeed in an international academic environment
- Financially capable to assume expenses for round-trip transportation and other travel related costs, insurance, books and school supplies, and other personal and living expenses.
Documents to be submitted: three (3) copies in short folders
- Letter of Intent to Participate in the Exchange Program
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of Records
- Discipline Office Clearance
- Intent to Return to the Philippines Form*
- Waiver Form*
- Application Form*
- Three (3) copies of a 2″ x 2″ picture
- Two (2) recommendation letters from a professor or the Dean/Vice Dean
*Note: to be picked up at the office after submitting requirements 1-4.
What benefits can be derived from the exchange program?
- Experience of an international academic environment
- Academic and intercultural activities
- Tuition and fees are waived, exchange student pays only DLSU tuition and fees
Except for the AIEJ and Monbusho scholarships available for Japanese universities, straight exchange arrangements for other sister schools have different expense schedules.
Tuition and miscellaneous academic fees are paid by the student to De La Salle University. Airfare, board and lodging and living allowance are also shouldered by the participating exchange student.
The sister university will assist the exchange student in securing a dormitory within campus. There are universities who require advance housing fees if the dormitory option will be taken.
Accreditation of Subjects
- It is the responsibility of the nominated exchange students to ascertain that the intended subjects to be taken abroad will be credited to them upon their return to De La Salle University.
- The first step will be to browse through the University prospectus of the intended university to check the availability of the subjects. The prospectus are available in the ALO or through the different university websites.
- Subjects taken should correspond and should be equivalent with present academic flowchart.
- The student should compose a letter addressed to the respective DLSU Department Chairs of the intended subjects containing its course description and number of credit units.
- The student must submit the list of intended subjects to the ALO coordinator for advance enrollment in the sister university. However, the ALO nor the sister university cannot guarantee the availability of all the preferred subjects. In this case, the student is advised to obtain as many approved subjects as possible as alternative courses.
- Upon the students’ return, they have to present their Transcript of Records from the sister university with the letters of approval from DLSU Chairs to facilitate accreditation of subjects.
Partner Host Universities
Undergraduate Student Exchange Opportunities
At present, student exchange programs are available for the following universities:
- Waseda University
- Soka University
- Doshisha University
- Ibaraki University
- Kokushikan University
- Meijo University
- Ritsumeikan University
- Kobe University
- California State University Hayward
- Arkansas Tech University
- Seton Hall
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- University of Maastricht, Netherlands
- Centre for International Mobility, Finland.
- Freiberg University
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- Mittweida University of Technology and Economics
- Unibersidad La Salle, Mexico
- Hannam University
- Chung Ju University
- MacQuarie University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
As soon as details of the student exchange programs with the other universities where De La Salle University has existing academic cooperation program are finalized, announcements will be made by the External Linkages Office.
In addition, Study Tours are available for the following universities in
- Soochow University
- Feng Chia University