College of Science
Double Degree Program DLSU-OU PhD Physics
- Awarding Institution – De La Salle University/Osaka University
- College/School – College of Science/Graduate School of Science/Graduate School of Engineering
- Name of Final Award at DLSU – Doctor of Philosophy in PhysicsName of Final Award at OU-Graduate School of Engineering – Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
- Program Title – Double Degree Program for PhD (DDP)
- Program OverviewFollowing the signing of the inter-university Agreement on Academic Exchange between Osaka University, Japan and the De La Salle University, Philippines and subsequent successful academic exchanges between the two Universities under the Agreement on Academic Exchange and the Memorandum on Student Exchange between the College of Science (COS), De La Salle University and the Graduate School of Engineering (GSE), Osaka University agreed to jointly develop and implement a Double Degree Program.
The aim of this DDP is to provide each student enrolling in a doctoral course of either university the opportunity to earn two diplomas, granted by both universities, within a shortened period, for the purpose of developing new capacities such that would make possible success as a professional in multiple disciplines, on the international scene. Both doctoral degrees will be granted upon completion of all requirements from both universities upon satisfactory completion of both the Quantum Engineering Design Course in OU and the PhD in Physics at DLSU.