BS MEM Specialization in Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (MEM-MRE)
The Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (MRE) is a pioneering program in this country that offers an intensive training in the exciting field of robotics, automation engineering and product design. Engineering expertise imparted to students is centered on a hands-on multidisciplinary approach called Mechatronics, where mechanical design electronics, innovative and practical software engineering are used to create solutions to local manufacturing related problems.
Mission and Vision
The Mission Statement of the Manufacturing Engineering and Management with Specialization in Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (MEM-MRE) Program is to:
- Nurture highly-competent multidisciplinary manufacturing engineers, imbued with Lasallian values, who will spearhead the technological advancement of the Philippine manufacturing industries, thereby inducing economic development.
- Promote synergistic development between the industry and the academe by exposing the industry managers to the new technology and research thrust of DLSU-Manila.
- Ensure that the Manufacturing Engineering education of DLSU-Manila will be sensitive to the requirement of the industry.
By the following this Mission Statement and the Mission Statement of the University, the MEM-MRE program envisions itself to achieve the following:
- Provide industry with Manufacturing Engineering graduates in both the Masters and Baccalaureate levels. These engineers are technologically competent in the most modern manufacturing technology and manufacturing management techniques. These engineers will have competence in the fields of electronics, mechanical, computer engineering, manufacturing system and management.
- Have products of research which are readily useful for the manufacturing environment and are of high quality and value such that these are commercially marketable.
- Encourage its members to develop themselves in every chosen field of interest, whether within the field of engineering or otherwise, to the best of their abilities, thereby tapping into the special strengths of each individual.