The Accounting program prepares students for careers in accounting and related fields, and makes them ready to deal effectively with the problems they will face as professional accountants and responsible citizens. The program aims to develop the qualities that enhance the student's professional competence, awareness of his responsibilities to society and appreciation of an accountant's high standard of integrity and objectivity.
The Accountancy Department envisions itself as the premiere academic, research, and community-building institution in professional accounting education and of research in the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is committed to excel in teaching accounting through the constant development, refinement and implementation of undergraduate accounting curricula responsive to the needs of the society and challenges of emerging global trends and through the pioneering development and implementation of world-class graduate and post graduate programs in accounting.
It is also committed to spearhead quality accounting research activities through the continuous enhancement of the research capabilities of its faculty.
It is committed to being a resource for the community in molding socially-responsible accountants through the ethical application of accounting concepts and practices.
Guided by the Vision, the Accountancy Department commits to:
- train young men and women to become professional accountants who are well prepared for careers in public practice, commerce and industry, government and academe;
- produce technically competent, morally upright individuals, disciplined by the rigors of the accounting course, responsive to the rapidly changing global business environment and aware of the profound magnitude of their role in nation building and in the stewardship of business resources;
- undertake theoretical and empirical researches in the various disciplines of accounting that will advance the frontiers of knowledge in these fields, that will improve the conduct of business and the management of the economy, and that will promote the development of the nation;
- enhance the quality of accounting education in the country through the rigorous training of accounting educators and through the promotion of research and dissemination of research findings; and
- provide expert advice in accounting to the government, the business sector, socio-civic organizations and international development agencies in order to promote national development.
The Accountancy Department aims to:
- prepare students for careers in accounting and related fields, and make them ready to deal effectively with the problems they will face as professional accountants, researchers and responsible citizens;
- develop the qualities that enhance the student's professional and research competence, awareness of his/her responsibility to society and appreciation of an accountant's high standard of integrity and objectivity; and present expert advice in accounting and accounting-related matters to our different stakeholders .