Free Full text databases
- Asian Development Bank’s Evaluation Reports – provides a full Catalogue of Evaluation Reports comprising of the following: Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports, Project/Program Performance Evaluation Reports, Special Evaluation Studies, Assessments of Development Impact, Impact Evaluation Studies, Sector Assistance Program Evaluations, Country Assistance Program Evaluations, and Annual Evaluation Reports.
- BioMed Central – Committed to providing access to journals covering all areas of biology and medicine.
- CERN Document Server – CERN offers fulltext preprints, articles, books, journals, and other documents of interest to persons working in particle physics and its related areas.
- Chan Robles Virtual Law Library – This website is known to be the “Home of the Philippine On-line Legal Resources.” It “features on the world wide web its Comprehensive Electronic Library on Philippine Legal Resources.”
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – Quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals covering all subjects and languages.
- EUR-Lex – a service providing legal texts of the European Union on its official website europa.eu. Replacing the earlier service CELEX, EUR-Lex provides direct free access to European Union law. The system makes it possible to consult the Official Journal of the European Union and it includes inter alia the treaties, legislation, case-law and legislative proposals. It offers extensive search facilities.
- EUROPA – the official website of the European Union. The EU is one of the largest publishers of online information in the world. Access the register of documents of the EU institutions for all official EU documents.
- Free Full text Journal in Chemistry – Covers access to journals in chemistry, biochemistry and its related subjects.
- Free Medical Journals – Promotes access to medical journals over the internet.
- Guide to Open Access Journals – looks at some of the most reputable open-access journal websites, as well as paid subscription databases that are still widely used by traditional college students.
- Highwire Press – Major source of free access to high impact, peer reviewed life sciences journals on the internet sponsored by Stanford University Libraries.
- NORMLEX (Database of International Labour Standards) – is a new information system which brings together information on International Labour Standards (such as ratification information, reporting requirements, comments of the ILO’s supervisory bodies, etc.) as well as national labour and social security laws. It has been designed to provide comprehensive and user friendly information on these topics and includes the NATLEX database as well as the information which was previously contained in the former APPLIS, ILOLEX and Libsynd databases.
- Johns Hopkins APL Technical Digest – Published by the Johns Hopkins University – Applied Physics Laboratory, the journal focuses on “missile, radar, sonar, sensor, chemical biological, and information technologies; space science and engineering, microelectronics; communications; navigations; modeling and simulation; advanced research and technology development.”
- Labordoc – contains references to a wide range of print and electronic publications, including journal articles, from countries around the world, on all aspects of work and sustainable livelihoods, and the work-related aspects of economic and social development and human rights.
- LawPhil – The legal website of Arellano Law Foundation’s digital resources of Philippine laws, statutes, jurisprudence, presidential decrees, executive orders, administrative orders, lawyers tools and other legal materials.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) – a leading nonprofit economic research organization. The Bureau concentrate on four types of empirical research: developing new statistical measurements, estimating quantitative models of economic behavior, assessing the economic effects of public policies, and projecting the effects of alternative policy proposals.
- National Commission of Culture and The Arts (NCCA) – NCCA’s homepage is the country’s best site for information on Philippine culture and the arts. Search links for biography of national artists, publications about Philippine culture, art photos and contest announcements, both local and international, including employment opportunities are available. The Commission’s colorful web page is very inviting to explore about with its schedule of activities – from the most celebrated cultural, historical events to the most recently talked about performances, free or fee-based, and awarding ceremonies. The site also highlights varied online resources for the seven (7) arts leading to not only a discovery but of the enrichment of the Filipino soul.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – The NIST Data Gateway allows access to NIST scientific and technical data, encompassing a wide range of information pertaining to varied scientific disciplines and links to some free online NIST database and articles published in the journal of Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data (JPCRD).
- OPEN J-Gate – A “database of journal literature, Open J-Gate indexed 50, 164 academic, research, open access journals, with links to full text at Publisher sites”.
- OpenThesis – is a free repository of theses, dissertations, and other academic documents, coupled with powerful search, organization, and collaboration tools.
- Philippine Journals Online – It is a “database of journals published in Philippines, covering the full range of academic disciplines. The objective of Philippine Journals Online is to give greater visibility to the participating journals, and to the research they convey.”
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) – the official journal of the US National Academy of Sciences, which is an authoritative source of high-impact, original research that broadly spans the biological, physical, and social sciences.
- PubMed Central – Offers unrestricted access to the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s digital archive of life sciences journal literature.
- Scientific Journals International – SJI publishes peer-reviewed open-access journals for all disciplines. SJI has assembled the most prestigious and extensive Editorial and Advisory Board in the world, representing scholars from Princeton, Yale, Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge, MIT, Columbia and other leading universities from around the world.
- Social Science Research Network – The SSRN e-Library contains abstracts of over 359,800 scholarly working papers and forthcoming papers and over 293,500 downloadable full text documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Composing of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences, the e-Library also includes research papers of a number of Fee Based Partner Publications.
- World dataBank: World Bank’s Open Data Initiative – Offers open and free access to over 2,000 financial, business, health, economic and human development data for more than 200 countries, with the data going back to 50 years. Access to at least 20 World Bank Group databases, including: World Development Indicators, Global Development Finance, Global Economic Monitor, Actionable Governance Indicators, Doing Business Database, Health, Nutrition and Population Statistics.
Free Access e-Books
- Bartleby.com (http://www.bartleby.com/) – Offers free full text online access to “top quality books”, “thought provoking verses”, “romantic poems”, “famous quotes” or “new words to enrich your vocabulary”.
- EU Bookshop (http://bookshop.europa.eu/en/home/) – An online bookshop and archive of publications from the European institutions. It is managed by the Publications Office of the European Union in Luxembourg.
- Free Computer Books (http://freecomputerbooks.com/) – Powered by Google, here you will find some good free full text online collection of computer, programming, mathematics, engineering, technical books, as well as lecture notes and tutorials.
- Free Tech Books (http://www.freetechbooks.com/) – Quit recently published, it lists “free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet”.
- Library of Economics and Liberty (https://www.econlib.org/) – A website dedicated to “advancing the study of economics, markets, and liberty”. It offers a “unique combination of resources for students, teachers, researchers, and aficionados of economic thought”.
- Read Print (http://www.readprint.com/) – Here you can read online for free over 5000 classics books and 10,000 quotes written by best known authors from across the world.
Directory of Open Access Thesis and Dissertations
- Louisiana State University (https://digitalcommons.lsu.edu/)
- OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center (http://etd.ohiolink.edu/)
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations at Virginia Tech (http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/)
- California Institute of Technology (http://thesis.library.caltech.edu/)
- West Virginia University (http://wvuscholar.wvu.edu:8881/R?RN=586654367)
- North Carolina State University Libraries (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/ETD-db/ETD-search/search)
- University of Kentucky (http://archive.uky.edu/handle/10225/2)
- Brigham Young University (http://etd.byu.edu/collection.html)
Free Documentary Films
- Top Documentary Films – offers full watchable documentaries and information on documentaries by quoting reviews from trusted sources.