Guide for Visiting Users
The following guidelines govern access and on-premise use of the De La Salle University Libraries’ resources and facilities by visiting users, effective Second Term, Academic Year 19-2020
Paying Visiting Users
- Enrolled graduate and undergraduate students from non-consortium/non-DLSP schools
- Professional or corporate researchers
- DLSU students who are on a leave of absence (LOA)
- Senior High School (SHS) students from ConnectED schools
- Students’ visit must be pre-arranged by notifying the library through e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 524 46 11 local 620 prior to planned date of visit. Students must be accompanied by a faculty adviser in every visit to guide them through during their stay in the library. Number of students and/or batch of students to be accommodated at a requested schedule/date/time is subject for approval.
- Others, subject to approval
Non-paying Visiting Users
- Students, faculty and staff of the following:
- De La Salle Philippines (Andres Soriano Memorial College, De La Salle Araneta University, De La Salle College of St. Benilde, De La Salle Lipa, De La Salle Santiago Zobel School, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas, De La Salle-Health Sciences Campus, Jaime Hilario Integrated School-La Salle, Bataan, John Bosco College, Bislig, La Salle Academy (Iligan City), La Salle College Antipolo, La Salle Greenhills, La Salle University (Ozamiz City), St. Joseph School-La Salle (Bacolod City), University of St. La Salle (Bacolod City))
- Inter-University Consortium (Asian Institute of Management, Ateneo Professional Schools and UP-College of Business Administration)
- South Manila Educational Consortium (Adamson University, De La Salle – College of St. Benilde, De La Salle University, Emilio Aguinaldo College, Lyceum of the Philippines University, Philippine Christian University, Philippine Normal University, Philippine Women’s University, Santa Isabel College, St. Paul University Manila, St. Scholastica’s College Manila, University of the Philippines Manila)
- Holders of the following valid cards:
- ASRC Card
- De La Salle Alumni Card
- EDC Card
- Students, faculty and staff of the following:
Need help? Ask LORA
|Paying Visitor Type||Per Day||Per Term|
|Non-DLSU member||Php 100.00||Php 1,500.00|
|ConnectED SHS student||Php 60.00||Not applicable|
Above fees represent payment for use/access of one library only (e.g. The Learning Commons). Should the visiting user request to access other satellite libraries, he/she shall be charged an additional fee of Php100.00 per library/per visit.
Any of the following shall be presented to the guards:
- For students, printed referral letter signed by the Chief Librarian or his/her representative or consortium card and valid identification card issued by the school
- Date of letter should be the actual date of visit should be in the body of the letter.
- Names of all researchers (in cases of many researchers) should be indicated in the letter.
- Letters with open date and name are considered invalid.
- Letters with electronic signature are considered invalid.
- Erasures should be countersigned by the signatory of the letter.
- For DLSU alumni, De La Salle Alumni Card
- For private researchers, letter of intent and valid government-issued identification card
- Mondays to Saturdays – 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Present requirements and leave I. D. (school/institution/company) with the Security desk attendant at the Gate 1 (South Gate).
- Proceed to the Information Desk at the 6F of the Learning Commons, Henry Sy, Sr. Hall and register on the visitors’ log book at the Security Control guard.
- Present referral letter and/or consortium/alumni card to the Information Desk attendant.
- Pay the visiting users’ fee (as assessed by the Information Desk attendant) at the Accounting Office.
- Submit yellow copy of the official receipt to the Information Desk attendant (6F of the Learning Commons, Henry Sy, Sr. Hall)
- Secure visiting users/application feedback form.
- Proceed to the desired section of the Libraries
- Submit accomplished feedback form to the Information Counter attendant (7th floor) before leaving the Library premises
- All materials are for room use only.
- As a general rule, visiting users and alumni are not allowed access and use of the audiovisual resources, the CyberSpace, Discussion Rooms, Graduate Study Room and the Faculty Study Room.
- No visiting user shall be accommodated during the first week of the term, one week before the final examination until the last day of the term, and during term/summer breaks.
- The Libraries shall accommodate a maximum of 10 students/researchers per institution per day.
- The Director of the Libraries reserves the right to cancel requests when deemed necessary.