DLSU Research Congress 2019
De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines
June 19-21, 2019
Theme: KNOWLEDGE BUILDING TOWARDS INDUSTRY 4.0
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is expected to bring disruptive socio-economic shifts as a result of the introduction of emerging technologies that will change business models and lifestyles. These shifts will inevitably create both opportunities and threats. Research universities play an important role in acting as the “leading edge” of society, by creating new knowledge that allows for more dynamic and adaptive responses to these disruptions. De La Salle University’s 2019 Research Congress, with the theme “Knowledge Building towards Industry 4.0,” highlights the role of university research in responding to various aspects of the imminent Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Call for Papers
We invite the academic community, our partners and research collaborators to submit short papers and full papers related but not limited to the following research themes:
|Food, Nutrition and Health||FNH|
|Sustainability, Environment and Energy||SEE|
|Human Centric Technology||HCT|
|Learners and Learning Innovations||LLI|
|Women, Children, Family and the Elderly||WCFE|
|Living Culture and Contemporary Societies||LCS|
|Entrepreneurship, Business and Management||EBM|
|Socio-Economic and Political Landscape||SEP|
|Theoretical, Philosophical and Historical Studies||TPH|
|Submission of Short Paper (max 4 pages)1||March 31, 2019|
|Review Period||April 1 to April 30, 2019|
|Notification of Acceptance with Review||April 30, 2019|
|Submission of Revised Full Paper (max 6 pages)2||May 31, 2019|
|Conference3||June 19-21, 2019|
|Submission of Final Full Paper4 (camera ready)||June 28, 2019|
For general inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For paper inquiries please email: email@example.com
There will also be Poster Session5 dedicated for correspondents to present their initial research undertakings. All the correspondents accepted for poster presentation will need to prepare a two minutes presentation for the Gong Show. Submission of the title and abstract of the poster have to be submitted by March 31, 2019.
We are also inviting submissions for sessions and workshop proposals which are in line with the conference theme and other aspects of strengthening the country’s research capability. Session and Workshop proposals have to be submitted by March 31, 2019.
Submitted papers and workshop proposals will undergo a review process and once accepted should be presented during the research congress.
- Short Paper
- Submission of a short paper is required for paper presentations.
- The short paper for paper presentations must contain a brief introductory statement of the research and continue with the summary of the results obtained, followed by a conclusion(s). It is not acceptable to say “the results will be discussed.” It must also include a list of key bibliographic sources.
- Standard abbreviations should be used throughout the text. Any special or unusual abbreviation should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Please use a minimal number of abbreviations.
- Symbols (i.e. Greek) can be used as well as boldfaced, underlined and italicized characters.
- Check the manuscript carefully for grammatical or typographical errors
- Format for short paper for various disciplines may be found at the following URLs:Humanities, Business and Economics, and Education:
http://tinyurl.com/ResCon2019-SocialSciencesScience, Engineering and Computer Studies:
Action Paper Research Outline for guidance in content preparation:
- Except for paper submissions to the Poster Sessions, all paper submissions should have the faculty or lead researcher as corresponding author.A maximum of four (4) paper submissions per corresponding author is allowed.
- Short papersmust be prepared as Portable Document Format (.pdf file format) consisting of maximum of 1,200 words. The short paper should contain a title, name/s of author/s (underline the name of the presenting author), department/s and address/es. Make sure to indicate whether the author would like to include his or her full paper in the conference proceedings.
- Include acknowledgements of the source(s) of research support (if any) on the bottom line of the short paper.
- All short papers must be written in English or Filipino and submitted electronically to EasyChair via the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rescon2019.
- If the short paper is accepted, the author has until May 31, 2019 to prepare and submit two versions of the revised full paper:
- Submit the .pdf file format to EasyChair via the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rescon2019.
- Submit the .doc/.docx file format to the organizing committee via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentations on the day of the conference must not exceed 15 minutes each.
- In order for the final full paper to appear in the conference proceedings, the accepted papers should be presented during the conference.
- Final full paper will be published in the conference proceedings (unless the author has indicated to exclude it from the proceedings).
- If the paper is presented in the conference, the author has until June 28, 2019 to submit the .pdf file format of the final full paper (max of 6 pages) to the DLSU ResCon 2019 EasyChair submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rescon2019.
- Poster sessions
- Submission of the title and abstract of the poster have to be submitted electronically by March 31, 2019 to EasyChair via the linkhttps://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rescon2019.
- The author may attach 1-2 slides for the Gong Show Presentation upon submission of poster abstract via the EasyChair link. The attached file should be in .pdf file format.
- For poster presentations, the corresponding author need not be a faculty.
- The presenter will be given 2 minutes to promote his poster on stage during the Gong Show using the slides that they have attached upon submission of their poster abstract.