The Young Economists' Convention Series
The Young Economists’ Convention Series is dedicated towards providing learning opportunities for the youth. As we bridge established and emerging leaders of today to representatives from public institutions, private companies, social enterprises, and the academe, it serves as an avenue to start meaningful discussions about the world’s most pressing issues.
The round table discussion, initiated by Bro. Andrew Gonzales FSC in 2001, marked the beginning of an annual gathering attended by economics students and enthusiasts from all over the country.
- 2016-2017, 16th YEC. Leading the path towards shared prosperity.
- 2015-2016, 15th YEC. Information and innovation: Towards a knowledge-based economy.
- 2014-2015, 14th YEC. Transforming into a modern ASEAN economy.
- 2013-2014, 13th YEC. Fueling the Philippine economic take-off: Advancing industrialization through the thriving investment climate.
- 2012-2013, 12th YEC. Developing the Filipino worker: Policy and governance.
- 2011-2012, 11th YEC. Redefining the Pathways to a green economy.
- 2010-2011, 10th YEC. Sustainable inclusive growth: Opportunities and challenges.
- 2009-2010, 9th YEC. Recovery, development, and the social market.
- 2008-2009, 8th YEC. Bridging the global divide: Agriculture and the environment at the forefront of development.
- 2007-2008, 7th YEC. Pathways out of Poverty.
- 2006-2007, 6th YEC. Employment and the social dimensions of globalization.
- 2005-2006, 5th YEC. The Philippines: Toward an export powerhouse.
- 2004-2005, 4th YEC. Philippine participation in the international economic scene.
- 2003-2004, 3rd YEC. Economics of political and constitutional change.
- 2002-2003, 2nd YEC. Labor and management adjustments to globalization and China’s entry to the world trade organization.
- 2001-2002, 1st YEC. Panel discussions.
Click here to view the YEC website