The Culture and Arts Office offer the following programs in campus, for the student, staff and neighboring partner communities:
Artistic Talent Enhancement Program
The Office provides holistic artistic training through non-formal curriculum to qualified students inclined in the fields of dance, media, music, theatre and visual arts. A showcase of talents from the student artists and student artist managers experienced throughout the year, through their self-initiated productions. Artists are also trained in management and community engagement to ingrain deeper exposure and meaning to their craft. The exceptional students in the arts and arts management are likewise recognized through the annual Cultura Awards given by the Office, the Gawad Leandro Locsin Sr., Gawad Br. Andrew Gonzalez FSC and Gawad para sa Natatanging Serbisyo by the Student Affairs through Gawad Lasalyano, and the Cultural Development Award during the Commencement Exercises.
Artistic Talent Development Program
The Office, through its student artists, provides artistic training to interested students, staff and neighboring partner communities with basic knowledge of a particular art form. Summer arts workshops are held annually for this purpose.
Supplementary Cultural Education Program
Cultural Awareness Program
- Breathe Art Creative Dialogues – The Office advocates the realization of the importance of art in everyday lives through this program. Invited luminaries in various fields share their insights on the benefits of the arts and the reasons for supporting the arts.
- Modified Civil Welfare Training Services and the Summer Immersion Program for Student Artists – CAO also aids in the promotion of culture and arts not only within the University but also in communities who are not privileged to be exposed to it. This program aims to enrich the spirit of the less fortunate through teaching artistic skills and producing shows for them to watch.
- National Arts Month Celebration – A university wide celebration of the National Arts Month every February is also spearheaded by the Office in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts and the Museum @DLSU, via the flagship event, the DLSU Arts Congress.
The Culture and Arts Office provides the following services inside and outside the University:
- Performance Requests. The Office grants performances during the activities of various offices, departments, and organizations inside and outside the University.
- Artistic Direction. The office shares its expertise in the areas of music, dance, theater and other arts forms by providing manpower services and artistic inputs to our clients in various facets of production such as production design, technical services, scriptwriting, direction, stage management, hosting services and other artistic and creative innovations.
- Audio-Visual Production, Coverage and Creative Services. The office also does production of audio-visual presentations, photo and video coverage of activities, exhibit installations and designing or marketing materials on campus through its media group.
- Dissemination of Culture and Arts-related Information. The office acts as the center of information on campus regarding current Manila-based culture and arts events where the students can expose themselves to further their experience and knowledge of the subject.