The Theology and Religious Education Department (TRED) is an academic department of the College of Liberal Arts of De La Salle University in Manila, Philippines. It specializes in the study of Religious Education, Applied Theology and Formative Counseling. TRED employs inter-disciplinary perspectives and methods in its systematic inquiry into these three research areas. Religious education is inquired with respect to faith and values formation. Applied theology is investigated in relation to the social and life contexts. Formative counseling is studied with respect to the psycho-spiritual tradition/ approaches. In addition, the department is also home to Catechetical trainings, research engagements and Lasallian Studies to serve local communities, and the academic community in general.
- The Theology and Religious Education Department is home to the development of creative, competent and ethical professionals who contribute to the embodiment of faith, life and culture.
With a dynamic theological and religious background in accord with the La Sallian tradition, the department:
- Facilitates academic excellence in teaching and research;
- Provides appropriate resources for ministerial and catechetical needs;
- Advocates and embodies values of justice, peace and integrity of creation;
- Contribute to the growth of local Churches, and
- Promotes cooperation with religions and churches.