RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (Doctoral)
COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW REFERENCE LIST
REFERENCES FOR COMPREHENSIVES REVIEW IN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (subject to updating)
1.John Paul II. August 15, 1990. Ex Corde Ecclesiae (Apostolic Constitution Catholic Universities). Vatican: Libreria Editrice Vaticana. [available online]
2.Congregation for Catholic Education. December 28, 1997. The Catholic school on the threshold of the Third Millenium. Retrieved from http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccatheduc/documents/rc_con_ccatheduc_doc_27041998_school2000_en.html#top
A. RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND INTER-RELIGIOUS DIALOGUE
- Jackson, Robert. 2004. Rethinking Religious Education & plurality: Issues in diversity & pedagogy. New York, NY: Routledge Falmer.
- Gros, Jeffrey FSC. 2005. Handing on the faith in an ecumenical world. Washington DC: National Catholic Educational Association.
- Kyongsuk Min, Anselm. 2004. The solidarity of others in a divided world: a postmodern theology after postmodernism. New York, NY: T &T Clark International.
- Baring, Rito. 2011. Plurality in Unity: Challenges towards Religious Education in the Philippines”. Religious Education 106(5): 459-475.
- Baring, Rito. March-April 2010. “Analyzing Empirical notions of suffering: advancing youth dialogue and education.” Religious Education 105 (2): 157-174.
- Boys, Mary C. 2010. The Promise and Perils of Inter-Religious Education. Toronto Journal of Theology 26(1), 21–32.
- Jenkins, John CSC. 2015. The challenge and promise of Catholic Higher Education. Journal of Catholic Higher Education 34(1), 11-25.
B. RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND THEOLOGY/SPIRITUALITY
- Gonzalez, Justo & Zaida Maldonado Perez. 2002. An introduction to Christian theology. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Baring, Rito ed. 2012. Studies in Religion and Theology: Issues and Perspectives, editor. 2011. DLSU. QC: Central Book Supply Inc.
b. Articles: [spirituality, Scripture studies, empirical theology]
- Baring, Rito. 2012. Children’s image of God and their parents: explorations in children’s spirituality, International Journal of Children’s Spirituality 17(4), 277- 289.
- Baring, Rito. March-April 2008. “Understanding Student Bible Reading Attitudes: A Philippine Experience” Religious Education 103 (2): 162-178.
- Baring, Rito. 2007. Revisiting Patristic and Medieval Frameworks in the Student’s Bible Reading Attitudes: Early Exegesis at work in Contemporary Times” UNITAS 80 (4): 421-436. [available in library]
- Baring, Rito. Jan-April 2009. Theological Reflections about Adult Filipino Notions of Suffering Today”. Philippiniana Sacra XLIV (130). [available in library]
- Baring, Rito. 2010. Exploring Theological Constructs of Suffering in the notions of the college students: an empirical inquiry.” Justitia.15 (1), 57-74.
- Baring, Rito. May 2010. Notions of Evil today: Perspectives of Sixth Graders in Manila”. SSEASR Journal IV(1), 85-97. [available online]
- 2016. Baring, Lee, Sta. Maria and Liu. Configurations of student spirituality/ Religiosity: evidence from a Philippine University. International Journal for Children’s Spirituality 21(3-4), 163-176.
- 2016. Baring, RV, Erasga, D., Garcia, LdlR,Peracullo, J., Ubaldo, L. The young and the sacred: an analysis of empirical evidence from the Philippines. Young 25(1), 1-19
- 2018. Baring, R., Sarmiento, P.J., Sibug, N., Lumanlan, P., Bonus, B., Samia, C., Reysen, S. Filipino College Students’ Attitudes towards Religion: An Analysis of the underlying Factors. Relgions 9(3), 85-.
C. APPROACH IN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- Baring, Rito and Cacho, Rebecca. 2015. “Contemporary Engagements and Challenges for Catholic Religious Education in South East Asia”. In, Global Perspectives on Catholic Religious Education in Schools, M.T. Buchanan and A.M. Gellel eds. (pp.–). Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. [available in library]
- Wright, Andrew. 2008. Contextual religious education and the actuality of religions. British Journal of Religious Education 30 (1), 3–12
- Buchanan, Michael T. 2005. Pedagogical drift: the evolution of new approaches and paradigms in religious education. Religious Education 100(1), 20-37.
- Stern, Julian. 2006. (Teachers and pupils: teaching and learning.) Teaching religious education: Researchers in the classroom. PP .63- 79 only. London: Continuum.
- Moran, Gabriel. Interplay: a theory of religion and education. Winona, Minnesota: Saint Mary’s Press.
- Moran, Gabriel. 1983. Religious Education development: images for the future. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Winston Press Inc.
- Patrick Manning. 2012. Invitation to Discipleship: Educating for Virtue in Catholic Classrooms. Lumen et Vita vol. 2. 1-13. (copy provided)