The Center was involved in the following activities for SY 2004-2005:
- Symposium on Semantic Web and Ontology. The 1st Symposium on Semantic Web and Ontology was held last June 2, 2004 at the Intellect Seminar Room. Dr. Ling Tok Wang, a visiting professor from the Department of Computer Science of the National University of Singapore gave the talk.
- 2nd NLP Research Symposium. The 2nd Natural Language Processing (NLP) Research Symposium was held last May 18 and 19 at the Intellect Seminar Room (ISR). The invited speaker was Prof. Robert Dale, the Director of the undergraduate program in Language Technology and the Director of the Centre for Language Technology of Macquarie University in Australia.
- Constraint-based Action Planning. The Lecture was held last October 18, 2004 at the Intellect Seminar Room (ISR). The invited speaker was Dr. Alexander Nareyek from Cork Constraint Computation Centre, Dublin, Ireland.
- DLSU Science and Technology Congress 2005. The annual DLSU Science and Technology Congress was held on March 2-5, 2005 at the Yuchengco Seminar Room. It was organized in cooperation with the College of Science, Engineering and Education.
- DOST Research Proposal Preparation. The DOST Research Proposal Preparation was held on April 11, 2005 at the Yuchengco Seminar Room, with CCS and COS participants.
- Machine Translation Project (on-going). The DOST-PCASTRD approved the five million-peso funds for the construction of a hybrid English-Filipino bi-directional machine translation system. It will make use of three approaches in the translation process, namely, the example-based approach, the template-based approach and the rule-based approach. In the processes of constructing the machine translations system, several lexical resources will be developed. These resources include the bi-directional English-Filipino dictionary, a Part-of-Tagger for Filipino and English, and a morphological analyzer for both Filipino and English. This project was conceptualized after the proponents organized two symposia on Natural Language Processing held at De La Salle University-Manila, on January 28-29 and May 18-19, 2004. Both symposia were partially funded by DOST-PCASTRD.