Faculty Research Program
This program provides faculty members with research opportunities for personal and intellectual growth, as well as improved teaching capability. It enables faculty members to obtain funds for their research or materials development projects and at the same time be compensated in terms of a deloading or an honorarium equivalent to the number of research units allotted for the project. In addition to supporting the scholarly interests of the faculty, the FRP also encourages the different colleges to identify their own research thrusts.
Research projects may be basic or applied. Materials development projects may take the form of developing or evaluating textbooks and instructional materials (e.g. software, audio-visual materials) to meet the current needs of DLSU students.
Who may apply?
- Academic teaching faculty are qualified to apply; priority is given to those with full-time status.
- Probationary faculty members may qualify as co-proponents upon the recommendation of the dean/department chair; in meritorious cases, they may be considered as principal proponents provided that the project duration does not go beyond their appointment period.
- Part-time faculty members may qualify as co-proponents, provided that they must have taught at DLSU for at least two (2) consecutive terms and must have proven research experience;
- Assistant instructors are eligible to become co-proponents after two (2) terms of residency.
- Visiting exchange faculty members with research experience may qualify as proponents provided that the project duration will not go beyond their appointment period.
The principal proponent for team projects is usually a permanent full-time faculty member.
How to apply?
- Watch for the trimestral deadlines for the submission of proposals to URCO which will be posted in your departments and published in the DLSU Newsletter.
- Obtain the proposal form from URCO and fill it out completely considering the accompanying guides for project proposal approval and for budget preparation.
- Have the accomplished proposal form signed by your department chair and your CRC representative.
- Submit the duly accomplished proposal form to URCO on or before the specified deadline.
URCO will undertake initial screening of proposals to make sure that the necessary information is indicated. If there are questions/clarifications regarding your proposal, the URCO Chief for Faculty Research Program will communicate with you regarding the matter.