The Culture and Arts Office dedicates itself in promoting a well-balanced non formal education of culture and the arts to the Lasallian community. Through its self-organized programs and activities, the awareness and appreciation of different art forms are being promoted. It ensures that its self-organized productions are of good quality and are relevant to the community.
The office also cultivates the innate talents of artistically inclined Lasallian students through its different cultural organizations representing dance, music, theatre, film and broadcast arts. The skills of aspiring artists in these fields are refined through relevant workshops, seminars, symposia as well as competitions and awards. The CAO consists of the Green Media Group (production staff) and the Student Artist Managers (administrative staff) and seven performing groups: the DLSU Chorale, Lasallian Youth Orchestra, De La Salle Innersoul, La Salle Dance Company - Contemporary, La Salle Dance Company-Street, La Salle Dance Company-Folk, and the Harlequin Theatre Guild. They are trained not only to be excellent performers but excellent managers as well. These groups also hold outreach programs to promote culture and the arts in the grassroots level through workshops and performances.
A pioneering academe-based culture and arts development resource championing cultural stewardship and artistry as catalysts for social change.
The Office is guided by the following values taken from the Lasallian Guiding Principles:
- FAITH (RELIGIO) is committed to cultural programming and artistic formation centered in developing the community's faith-life.
- ZEAL (SERVICE) is committed to being a resource of culturally grounded academicians and artists who will be agents of social change.
- COMMUNION (CULTURA) is committed to building a community of artists, artist mentors and arts researchers who will be trailblazers in improving the status of culture and arts in the country.
The DLSU Culture and Arts Office will be known for and distinguished by:
- Providing high quality and affecting experiential programs and services that advocate culture and art as a vital component in the individual's social and spiritual formation.
- Providing research and resources, and organizational systems and processes that would help in professionalizing the promotion of culture and the arts in the academe.
- Forming well grounded, service driven and creative artists and artist managers who will effectively communicate the importance of culture and the arts in the everyday life.
- Forging collaborations with various sectors and stakeholders to create a stronger impact in cultural advocacy.
- Empowering cultural workers in the Philippine academe through resource and expertise sharing.
The Office is expected to deliver the following:
- Cultural and Artistic Programming to include Artist Development, Formation and Promotion- Through developing Lasallian artists who imbibe the Lasallian Guiding Principles and be future role models of the society
- Community Engagement – Through creating meaningful opportunities for the community to converge in creativity and advocacies and realize the deeper importance of humanities in the lives of men.
- Culture and Arts Research and Technology Development in the Academe – Through developing a rich body of literature in arts and culture with the end goal of strengthening nationalism and foster peace and understanding.
Cultural Arts Office
Room 403 Br. Connon Hall
2401 Taft Avenue, Malate
1004 Manila, Philippines
Tel. No.: (632) 524-4611 locals 702, 737 (trunk line)
E-mail: CAO Director