Student Assistantship and Resource Training Program (START)
- Working hours
- STARTers may work a minimum of five (5) hours per week to a maximum of twenty (20) hours per week;
- The schedule of work must be within Mondays to Saturdays, 0800 to 2000;
- STARTers who are asked to work on holidays will be paid holiday time.
- If the student is paid by the job, i.e. a one time payment, or installment pay, and not an hourly rate, the pay for the job must be computed based on the number of expected work hours to complete the project.
- Generally, STARTers are not allowed to work during the last two weeks of the term.
- START contracts may be terminated during its term for cause.
- STARTers shall be subject to student discipline, as contained in the Student Handbook.