Scholarship for Graduate Programs
The Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program seeks to assist the University in achieving its vision of extending its educational facilities to Filipino students who are deserving of financial aid.
GRADUATE Financial Assistance Grants are available for the following colleges:
- Ramon V. del Rosario College of Business (RVR-COB)
- School of Economics (SOE)
- College of Computer Studies (CCS)
- College of Education (CED)
- College of Liberal Arts
- Gokongwei College of Engineering (COE)
- College of Liberal Arts (CLA)
- College of Science (COS)
- The graduate student downloads a Financial Assistance Application Form. For new students, application for scholarship is processed simultaneously with their application for admission.
- He/She fills in the application form properly and submits it to the Enrollment Services Hub (ESH), 2F Henry Sy, Sr. Hall within the specified application period together with the following:
- a letter of request by the applicant for financial assistance addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Vice-Dean (except for the College of Engineering Grantees letter is addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Graduate Studies Director);
- a photocopy of the applicant's latest Income Tax Return (ITR) form;
a certificate of employment with compensation history;
a letter of recommendation for financial assistance from the applicant's present employer / superior; and
Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
- If married and filing income tax returns separately (or applicant is unemployed), include a photocopy of spouse's latest ITR form;
- If single and unemployed, a photocopy of parent's latest ITR form;
- A card containing the Document Tracking System (DTS) number will be provided to the applicant. The status of scholarship application may be monitored through the web.
- The decision on the application and further instructions will be stated in the remarks of the DTS.
Application Dates (Term 2, AY 2013-2014)
|Application for Scholarship (New)
||01 to 31 July 2013 |
|Application for Upgrade of Current Grants
||01 to 31 July 2013 |
|Release of Result
||23 August 2013
- Schedule subject to change without prior notice.
- Last Updated: 28 June 2013
- Student's admission to the program; priority of the college is considered
- Financial need based on income tax returns and recommendation of present employer/superior
- Good character, demonstrated qualities of leadership and positive attitudes in keeping with the Mission Statement of the University.
Request for Upgrade of Current Grants
Graduate Grantees for at least two (2) completed terms as a scholar who wish to apply for an UPGRADE of their current grants may do the following during the application period:
- He/She writes a letter addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Vice-Dean (except for the College of Engineering Grantees letter is addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Graduate Studies Director).
- He/She attaches a printed copy of grades of the previous terms.
- Enrollment in 6 units per term under a program on a continuing basis
- Maintenance of a trimestral average of "2.5" (for MA/MS program grantees) or "3.0" (for doctoral program grantees)
- Compliance with the guidelines set by the University Scholarship Council (a copy of the Guidelines for Graduate Grantees may be obtained from the OAS).
Requirements for Renewal of Scholarship Grants
- Enrolment Assessment Form (EAF)
- Printed copy of grades from MyLaSalle account
- Certification from the Chair/Graduate Program Coordinator (For enrolment below six (6) units)