Amalgamated Specialties Corporation
Amalgamated Specialties Corporation
Amalgamated Specialties Corporation (Amspec) is one of the top ten thousand corporation in the Philippines. Known as the biggest and pioneer in the school and office supplies industry, engaged in local production, marketing and distribution. Our flag product brands include Crayola,T-Pencil, Lotus, Li'l Hands, Magic Touch and Gold Medal.
Vacancy: Marketing Manager
- Prepares and recommends the company's over-all marketing policies and strategies. Prepares and recommends marketing plans and programs needed to achieve marketing objectives in support of sales objective.
- Develops marketing plans and objectives. Implements and directs advertising, promotion and public relation programs to develop markets and requirements of the brands managed. Secures prior approval for all major promotional and advertising activities from the Vice-President for Sales and Marketing or with the General Manager, in his absence.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding various concerns and requirements of the brands managed.
- Liaises with advertising agencies and media suppliers on advertising projects and promotional programs. Evaluates effectiveness of advertising programs, TV concepts, merchandising procedures and packaging of products.
- Conducts market research. Evaluates current economic conditions and demographic data relevant to the marketing of the company's products. Analyzes sales statistics and trends and makes estimates of market developmental and potential. Coordinates with different research consultants and contacts trade groups for determining customers' needs and preferences.
- Conceptualizes new products and packaging; coordinates with the Quality Control Manager for its development.
- Closely coordinates with Crayola LLC, Binney and Smith Australia, etc. and on new products that can be introduced to the local market.
- Prepares and presents reports to trade customers and potential customers during business reviews.
- Controls and monitors standards for customer service, payments, costings and budgets.
- Ensures that sales are in line with budgets and marketing activities, provides reports, recommends changes to strategies and tactics.
- Prepares weekly written status reports as necessary.
- Organizes activities of the department. Orients, trains and guides subordinates in the performance of duties. Monitors compliance by subordinates to job duties, assignments and company policies. Evaluates the performance of subordinates and recommends appropriate action. Coordinates actively with General Manager.
- Supervises export selling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Established track record in designing and implementing successful marketing plans and strategies for consumer products
- With solid experience in developing and marketing new products
- Preferably Business Management or Marketing graduate with masters degree or units relevant to the field of Marketing
- With experience doing market research
- Excellent business communication skills
- Excellent managerial capabilities
- Experience in collaborating with foreign principals would be a definite advantage
- Creative, with artistic inclination and familiar with the use of various software in designing campaign materials, ads and promos, websites, and packaging materials
- Results oriented and a team player
Interested and qualified candidates may email their comprehensive resume, credentials and 2x2 photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Counseling and Career Services (OCCS) makes no particular recommendations or guarantees regarding employers and job vacancies posted on this page. Students/alumni are encouraged to perform due diligence in researching about the companies before applying or accepting employment with them. For more information, please contact the Office of Career Services at 524-4611 local 416.