Synchronica Philippines, Inc
Synchronica plc is a leading developer of next-generation mobile messaging solutions based on open industry standards. The award-winning product portfolio includes the flagship product Mobile Gateway, providing push email, synchronization, instant messaging (IM), backup and restore, and mobile connectivity to social networks. Synchronica's products are white-labeled and offered by mobile operators in emerging and developed markets to provide mass market messaging services, increasing data revenues and reducing churn.
Headquartered in England, Synchronica also maintains a development centre in Germany, Madrid and Manila, in addition to a regional presence in the USA, Hong Kong and Dubai. Synchronica plc is a public company traded on the AIM list of the London Stock Exchange (SYNC.L).
Vacancy: Mobile Software Developer
We are looking for a Mobile Software Developer to add to the team that would be responsible for implementing and maintaining our mobile Instant Messaging and Email application. The successful applicant is expected to handle the following responsibilities:
- Execute the complete cycle of all software development phases (Analysis, Design, Code, Test)
- Implement application support for various mobile devices and platforms
- Experience with end-user facing applications is a plus along with a strong problem-solving skills
- Provide input on product development, design, and conceptualization
- Bachelors/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge or is highly experienced in JAVA or J2ME development
- Must be familiar with client-server architecture
- Must have good knowledge and high interest in mobile phones and technology trends.
- Preferably has experience and knowledge of email protocols (SMTP, POP3, SyncML, etc)
- Preferably has experience in one or more of the following: XML, iPhone, Brew
- At least 1 year of work experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Should be a Filipino citizen or should hold relevant residence status
- Team Player with good communication skills
Vacancy: Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for QA Engineers to add to the team who will be responsible for testing and ensuring the quality of our Instant Messaging and Mobile Gateway products. The successful applicant is expected to handle the following responsibilities:
- Executes and reviews test procedures to ensure specifications and requirements are met.
- Creates/designs test cases and test data based on UI and requirement specifications.
- Write bug reports, test reports, and release notes.
- Coordinates with other team members in the completion of evaluation activities for a product under test
- Work in coordination with developers and/or QA engineers in testing for new versions of applications with guidance from a senior engineer.
- Performs other functionality, performance and support testing when needed.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Software QA test experience, test documentation, bug reporting.
- Applicants should be Filipino citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Software or equivalent.
- At least 1 year work experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to work with customers, development team, business, senior managers and other team members.
- Has experience in preparing and execution of test documents
- Good knowledge and has high interest in mobile technology
- Basic UNIX knowledge is a plus.
- Full-Time positions available.
How to apply: