- Membership in the Association shall consist of: Regular, Associate, Institutional and Honorary Members.
- Regular Members are licensed librarians who hold bachelor’s or master’s degree in library/information science or are majors in library/information science from a university, college, or technical school of recognized standing and currently employed in academic and research libraries. All past presidents automatically become regular members but are exempted from paying their membership dues.
- Associate members are former members of the Association and librarians who are not licensed or connected to any academic or research library . They have no voting rights and cannot be elected into office.
- Institutional Members are firms, agencies, institutions or organizations maintaining academic or research libraries and interested in supporting the objectives and programs of the Association.
- Honorary Members shall be conferred by the Board to retiree-librarians who were former members of the Association and/or have contributed to academic librarianship in the country in general, but they may not elect nor be elected into office.