Holding of conferences and seminar-workshops, forums and symposia for the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements of licensed and non-licensed librarians.
- Awards granted for the following:
- Academic Librarian of the Year
- Professional Service Award
- Outstanding Library of the Year
- Outstanding Library Program of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Publication of library researches, bulletins, professional journals, proceedings, and newsletters, etc.
- Participation in the annual celebration of The National Book Week, November 24-30
- Scholarships designed to assist academic or research librarians to acquire a master’s degree in library science and fellowship awarded to graduate students engaged in thesis research and writing
Awards granted to two member-librarians to attend local or international conferences/seminars
Membership in regional and international organizations of librarians such as the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) and the Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians (CONSAL)
- Advocacy in promoting the interests of academic and research librarians and those of the association
- Research activities and collaborative research projects
- Participation in the annual Philippine Book Fair and other book fairs
- Holding of an annual Fellowship Luncheon, anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Fund-raising activities for the association’s projects
- Networking activities among institutional member-libraries in the area of interlending, document- delivery and other resource-sharing projects