Objectives of PAARL
The objectives of PAARL as stated in Section I, Article II of its constitution are: "The Philippines Association of Academic and Research Libraries represents the librarians of institutions supporting scholarly, research and/or formal education on the collegiate level and above. The Association shall encourage and promote the collection, organization and dissemination of information on research and academic library work; develop the usefulness and efficiency of these types of library service and librarianship; enhance the professional welfare and mutual aide among its members; and cooperate with other organizations of similar aims."
- To promote equitable access to and effective use of recorded knowledge in support of teaching, research, scholarship, and community service;
- To articulate the concerns of academic and research libraries and their institutions, and influence information policy development affecting the future of academic and research libraries;
- To develop best practices and standards for the improvement of these types of library service and librarianship;
- To develop a corps of professional librarians and information specialists in academic and research institutions; and,
- To cooperate with other organizations of similar aims.