The history of the DLSU Library can be traced back to July 1956 when the collegiate collection of the combined High School and College Libraries was transferred to the College building known as St. Joseph Hall. Located in the first two floors of this hall, it started operation with barely 10,000 book collection and a reading area of 100 seating capacity.
A library building four-storey high was built in 1985 thru a generous gift from the Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad, USAID under the sponsorship of the Christian Brothers Conference, Illinois, alumni and benefactors.
Today, the DLSU Library has evolved into a system of libraries. Satellite libraries that cater to specialized users were established— two at the Taft Campus, one in Makati City, one in Taguig, and three in Biñan, Laguna. The main library, now called The Learning Commons, moved into its new home at the Henry Sy, Sr. Hall in December 2012.
Director of Libraries, September 2006-present
University Library Director, 1998-2006
University Library Director, 1994-1998
University Library Director, 1987-1994
Director of Libraries, 1985-1987
Director of Libraries, 1969-1984
Director of Libraries, 1968
Director of Libraries, 1963-1967
College Librarian, 1950-1962
College Librarian, 1949