Scientific Conference on Health Social Science
De La Salle University Manila is celebrating its centennial in 2011. In line with this, the Behavioral Sciences Department is pleased to announce the "Scientific Conference on Health Social Science." The conference theme is "Health Social Science: Practices, Policies and Prospects".
The conference aims to:
- identify and describe interventions in health programs, projects and policies carried out in the Philippines and in the South East Asian region;
- disseminate research findings in Health Social Science;
- identify lessons learned from various health social science interventions; and
- document best practices for improving health care in the country.
The conference will be held in CSB Hotel, Arellano Avenue corner Estrada St. Malate, Manila, Philippines on October 14, 2011. We welcome submission of scientific papers and poster presentations on any of the following themes:
- Special health care concerns: nutrition security, reproductive health, gender, health and development;
- Population-based health care initiatives: implementation and evaluation, community participation and health care, disaster and health, migration and health, health ethics;
- Health sector reforms and the reproductive health initiatives;
- Emerging and re-emerging infections: HIV/AIDS/STIs, Dengue, AH1N1;
- Recently adopted approaches in: health social science research, health systems research, and improvement of health care.