Seventh DLSU Arts Congress 2014
Theme: Linang Kalikasan: Sining para sa kapaligiran
De La Salle University
in coorperation with
Association of Cultural Offices
of Philippine Educational Institutions, Inc.,
Saint Loius University, and
University of the Cordilleras
07, 08 & 09 February 2014
Call for Abstracts
Now on its seventh year, the DLSU Arts Congress has become a venue for educators, students, artists, and scholars in various disciplines to share their ideas and works on Philippine arts and culture. This year, the conference component of the DLSU Arts Congress will be held in Baguio City in cooperation with the Association of Cultural Offices of Philippine Educational Institutions, Inc., Saint Loius University, and University of the Cordilleras. Consistent with its inclusive theme, “Linang Kalikasan: Sining para sa kapaligiran”, the Seventh DLSU Arts Congress will accept papers on the more specific topics of:
- Arts and Environment
- Aesthetic and the Advocacy for Sustainable Environment
- Society, Culture and Environment
- Environmental Education
- Other similar topics.
- Submission of an abstract is required for paper and poster presentations. Use the format given below.
- All abstracts must be written in English or Filipino and submitted electronically to email@example.com, bearing the subject: "paper/Poster Presentation, 7th DAC". Files must bear the sender's Surname in uppercase letters, followed by his or her given names in lower case letters, and a shortened form of the paper/poster's title, eg., SANTIAGOjoseArtasEduc. Faxed submissions will not be accepted.
- Prepare your abstract as an MS Word document (.doc file format) consisting of 300-500 words using Arial 11-point font typed in letter-sized page, with one-inch margins on all sides. The abstract MUST BE in TEXT ONLY without graphs, pictures or tables, and should contain a title, name/s of author/s (underline the name of the presenting author), department/s and address/es.
- Abstracts for paper and poster presentations must contain a brief introductory statement of the research and continue with the summary of the results obtained, followed by a conclusion(s). It is not acceptable to say "the results will be discussed..". The abstract must also include a list of key bibliographic sources.
- Standard abbreviations should be used throughout the text. Any special or unusual abbreviation should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Please use a minimal number of abbreviations.
- Symbols (i.e. Greek) can be used as well as boldfaced, underlined and italicized characters.
- Include acknowledgements of the source(s) of research support (if any) on the bottom line of the abstract.
- Check the abstract carefully for grammatical or typographical errors.
- Uponsubmission, you will receive an email confirmation with an abstract reference number. Please use this number in all future correspondence with respect to your abstract.
- Presentations on the days of the conference must not exceed 20 minutes each. A minimal fee will be charged to cover the venue rental, food, kits and certificates.
|Steptember 28, 2013
||Deadline of Abstract Submission|
|October 4, 2013
|| Notification of Acceptance/Non-Acceptance|
|November 4, 2013
|| Submission of Final Manuscript|
|December 4, 2013
|| Deadline of Early Bird Registration|
|January 5, 2014
|| Deadline of Registration|
|February 07-09, 2014
||Presentation of Posters/Papers in Baguio City|