[SDFO] Policy Refresher - ID Policies
Student Discipline Formation Office
(632) 524-4611 Ext. 414 & 611
Section 1.5 of the Student Handbook (SH):
- Upon enrollment, students are issued original identification cards (ID) with computer-registered student numbers. Students should always have their ID with them to be presented to authorities if requested. The ID is valid so long as the student is enrolled in the University and cannot be confiscated while enrolled.
Section 1.6 of the SH:
- The loss of an ID should be reported to the Student Discipline Formation Office. A new ID will be issued five (5) working days after the payment for a replacement has been made.
- Students who lose their ID for the third time should present an affidavit of loss, pay an additional fine (equivalent to the cost of the ID) and render four hours of service to their academic department. Without the affidavit, they will not be issued a new ID.
Section 1.7 of the SH:
- Students who left their ID must proceed to the Andrew Hall entrance, Taft Avenue side or to the South Gate or Velasco Gate and the person/s on duty shall access the DLSU database to verify the identity and enrollment of the student. Students will be allowed to enter upon the verification of the person/s on duty. The student will be then given a one-day campus pass to serve as their ID for the day. This temporary ID should be surrendered by the student at the end of the day.
- Students who enter the campus premises without an ID for three (3) consecutive days will be tagged with one lost ID and should comply with the procedure set in Section 1.6.
- Students who enter the campus premises without an ID for three (3) non-consecutive days will be required to render four (4) hours of service to their academic department.
Section 13.3.2 of the SH considered the following as MINOR OFFENSES:
- Refusal to present an ID or temporary pass when asked by University authorities (Section 126.96.36.199)
- Failure to surrender the one-day campus pass/temporary ID (Section 188.8.131.52)
- The fourth and succeeding entry into campus without an ID (Section 184.108.40.206)
- The fourth and succeeding loss of an ID (Section 220.127.116.11)
Section 18.104.22.168 of the SH provides that “Lending ID to another or using someone else’s ID” is a MAJOR OFFENSE.
******************* IGNORANCE of the Rules is NOT an EXCUSE! *******************
Posted on: 01/10/2012