From the Office of the President and Chancellor
Have replies sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 1, 2010
To: The De La Salle University Community
Re: Search for a New President of De La Salle University
Further to his acceptance of President Benigno S. Aquino III’s invitation to serve as Secretary of Education, I received the formal resignation of Br. Armin A. Luistro, FSC as President and Chancellor of De La Salle University, dated June 29, 2010 and effective June 30, 2010.
“In this connection, at a Special meeting of the De La Salle University Board of Trustees (“DLSU BOT”) was held on June 29, 2010 for the purpose of establishing the criteria and the process for the selection of the new President of DLSU. Accordingly, relevant resolutions were approved providing for:”
1. The following criteria:
a) A La Salle Christian Brother.
b) Preferably a natural-born Filipino citizen.
c) Must hold an earned PhD or doctorate degree.
d) High moral character.
e) High standing with access to a network of linkages with the national and international academic community as well as potential supporters and partners of the University.
f) Must have:
• a clear vision of the role of education in the Philippines and the role of DLSU.
• demonstrated leadership and management skills.
g) Must be dedicated to the achievement of a balance between academic excellence, La Sallian Christian values and the promotion of social justice.
2. The reconstitution of the Board’s Search and Nominations Committee (“SNC”) to evaluate candidates for the position of President of the University. The subject Committee will be chaired by Br. Edmundo Adolfo de Leon Fernandez FSC (Brother Visitor of the Christian Brothers and Vice-Chairman of the De La Salle University Board of Trustees) and will consist of the following members:
a) Francis G. Estrada (Chairman, De La Salle University Board of Trustees)
b) Dr. Jaime del Carmen Laya (Trustee)
c) Dr. Maria Serena Icasiano Diokno (Trustee)
d) Cesar Macapinlac de Larrazabal (Trustee)
e) Delfin L. Warren (Trustee)
3. The SNC will receive, evaluate and, after appropriate vetting, nominate a candidate for President to the DLSU BOT who will consider and ultimately approve the same.
4. To assist the DLSU BOT SNC in the process, a Multi-Sectoral Search Committee (“MSC”), chaired by Mr. Cesar Macapinlac de Larrazabal (DLSU Trustee), will be constituted for the purpose and will consist of the following members:
a) Vice Chancellor for Academics and Research
b) University Fellow Representative
c) Faculty Association Representative
d) Student Council Representative
e) PUSO Representative
f) CAP Representative
g) ASP Representative
h) DLSAA Representative
5. The MSC will assist the SNC identify, vet, comment on and submit candidates to the DLSU BOT SNC.
6. The Brother Visitor, Br. Edmundo Adolfo de Leon Fernandez, will serve as the De La Salle University Officer-in-Charge (“OIC”) effective immediately, until the new President has been duly elected by the DLSU BOT. The OIC shall be vested with the powers and authorities of the President of DLSU as its Chief Executive Officer as provided in the By-laws of DLSU.
The De La Salle University Board of Trustees hereby calls for nominations for the position of President. The nominations (duly authorized by the candidate concerned), accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae of the same should be submitted to the Office of the DLSU President for the attention of: Mr. Cesar Macapinlac de Larrazabal no later than 5 pm, Thursday, July 22, 2010.
The Trustees of De La Salle University seek your active involvement in this important process. Thank you.
Francis G. Estrada
Chairman, De La Salle University Board of Trustees
Cc: DLSU Trustees
DLSU Corporate Secretary
Posted on: 07/02/2010