The De La Salle University Physics Department is committed to develop lifelong learners, who are logical, analytical, creative and critical thinkers appreciative of God's creation. The Department envisions itself as an advocate of effective educational practices in Physics. The quest for nature's fundamental laws is accompanied by a concerted search for relevant applications benefiting Philippine society.
Goals and Objectives
The Department aims to:
- Develop students into graduates imbued with La Sallian values,
- concerned with the sustainability of the environment, with an outlook and abilities for lifelong learning,
- able to provide service and leadership in the scientific community and in society in general.
- Provide an engaging learning environment that will mold students to become Christian achievers for God and country.
- Adhere to ethical and professional standards in research and scholarship.
Nurture a culture of research that is dynamic and responsive to the needs of society.
- To produce physics graduates well-prepared for careers in research, academe, health, industry, business and government.
- To provide opportunities for professional growth of faculty members and staff through research, advanced studies and continuing education.
- To offer academic programs that are up-to-date and relevant to the needs of the community.
- To upgrade continually the laboratory and research facilities for effective instruction, quality research and support for the industry.