Department Faculty list
Ador R. Torneo
Download: Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Torneo received his bachelor and master’s degrees from the University of the Philippines and his Ph.D. in Public Administration from Konkuk University in Seoul, Korea.
- international migration
- public sector reforms
- comparative public administration
- empirical assessment of public policy impacts
- Torneo, Ador R. and Yang, Seung-Bum (In Press). Policy dissonance and the challenges of managing the impacts of South Korea’s industrial and demographic transition through immigration. International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management.
- Torneo, Ador R. (2014). The Impacts of Immigration Policies on International Labor Migration from Developing Countries to South Korea, In M. Bae (Ed.) Trending Now: Emerging Issues in Korean Studies, p.132-149 Conference Proceedings of the 2nd Philippine-Korean Studies Symposium, GT-Toyota Asian Center Auditorium, University of the Philippines – Diliman, Dec. 13-14, 2013. Quezon City: UP Center for International Studies, ISSN 2362-8553 (Printed) / ISSN 2362-8677 (Electronic)
- Kim, Junmo, Yang, Seung-Bum, and Torneo, Ador R. (2014). Marriage immigration and multicultural families: Policy Implications for the Philippines and South Korea. Asian Politics & Policy, 6(1): 97-119.
- Teehankee, Julio C., Torneo, Ador R., and Isaac, Francis. (2013). "Towards a Systematic Analysis of Automated Election in the Philippines: A Review of the 2010 and 2013 Elections." SPARK The key link to idea and action, 6(4):1-14.
- Kim, Junmo, Yang, Seung-Bum, and Torneo, Ador R. (2012). Marriage Immigration and Gender in South Korea: Accounting for Gender Disparities in International Marriages. Asia-Pacific Social Science Review, 12(2):14-32.
- Yang, Seung-Bum, Lee, Yongmo, and Torneo, Ador R. (2012). Political efficacy and political trust among marriage immigrants in South Korea, Philippine Political Science Journal, 33(2): 202-223.
- Torneo, Ador R. (2012). “Reflections on the Evolving Discourse on Multiculturalism in South Korea” In Roldan, Grace Zamora (Ed.). The Asia I Have Come to Know. Amazon.com/Manila: Rex Bookstore.
- Magno, Francisco A., Batalla, Eric Vincent C., Torneo, Ador R. (2010). Political Interference in Road Projects: A Scoping Study. Commissioned by Bantay Lansangan, Quezon City. pp. 1-72.
- Torneo, Ador R. (2014). An Assessment of the Status, Roles and Functions, and Human Resource Development Needs of Philippine Provincial and City Government Administrators in Support of Good Local Governance. Commissioned by the Philippines Australia Human Resource and Organisational Development Facility (PAHRODF).
Other Contributions to Publications
- (Research Associate) Lee, Young-Bum. (2012). The Introduction of e-Government in Korea. (2012). Ministry of Strategy and Finance & the Korean Development Institute: School of Public Policy and Management, Seoul, Korea.
- (Research Support Team) Baltazar-Herrera et. al.(2010). Corporate Social Responsibility In Southeast Asia: An Eight Country Analysis. A Research Report Prepared by the: Ramon V. del Rosario, Sr. Center for Corporate Social Responsibility, Asian Institute of Management in Cooperation with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- October 2014 – Present, Varieties of Democracy Project, Department of Political Science, University of Gothenburg, Sweden & Kellogg Institute at the University of Notre Dame, USA
- March 2011- August 2013 Institute of Public Administration, Konkuk University, Seoul Korea
- May 2010-February 2011 De La Salle University – Manila Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Project Development Manager - La Salle Institute of Governance (LSIG)
- June 2009- May 2010 De La Salle University – Manila Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines
Project Researcher / Coordinator - La Salle Institute of Governance (LSIG)
- April 2008-May 2009 Asian Institute of Management, Makati City, Philippines
Program Manager - Center for Development Management (CDM)
- April 2007-March 2008 Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Team Leader/ Program Officer, Office for Social Concern & Involvement (OSCI)
- May 2006– March 2007 Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Program Officer - National Service Training Program (NSTP) - OSCI
- May 2004– April 2006 Ateneo de Manila University Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Program Officer - Immersion/PRAXIS Program – OSCI
He is currently involved in providing technical support for capacity building programs in partnership with various grassroots, civil society, local government, and national government agencies as well as institutions like the World Bank, among others.